OK. What do you need to write for your Task 2? Here's a list.......
1. Source a business broadband package.
- Check whether it comes with a router/hub - if not you will need to source one like you did with the tablets, printer, etc and include cost. If it comes with one, state so.
- See if you can find reviews for the broadband package
- The shop will rely on wireless internet and intranet so is there good customer support?
- Finally give reasons for your choice quoting all of the above, plus what the shop needs it for
2. Decide on the network topology for the shop.
- Consider disadvantages and advantages of the different topologies and give reasons for choice.
- Draw a layout diagram of your network - include Cloud (if being used), WAP/router/hub, tablets (just 1 drawing of this with numbers of tablets), desktop, EPoS and printer.
- If wirelessly connected, give reasons why.
- Consider WiFi Protected Access (WPA) for security of network, choose a version, give reasons for choice and why it's needed.
3. The intranet pages will need to be updated and maintained by an administrator.
- Consider security of this so customers cannot access it
- Explain how this could be achieved and why it's needed (what needs to be kept private)
- Is there a Law you need to consider/abide by relating to customer details? If so, state what and what the company has to do
4. IP addresses - each device needs one
- Explain what IP address is and why each device needs one.
- Research what DHCP is related to this and how this can be used for this purpose.
- Explain this in your work.
5. Stock database
- What should happen to stock level when a phone is bought through the EPoS?
- Why does this need to happen?
- Use of LAN for this and between desktop
6. Stream ads to customer's phone
- How? Bluetooth? Phone spec details from tablet to customer phone?
7. Use of WAN
- Explain what this would be
- Company head office?
- Give possible uses of all of the above by the shop